Saturday, July 24, 2010

weekend links #1

Here's a list of things around the web that have caught my eye.

food and blogging links:
--A great poster about the tastes of different apples.
--I want to participate in this food photography event: remake this summer salad photo (from Still Life With).
--Here's a list of useful food photography links (a few years old, but still great, from Casual Kitchen).
--This is the conversion website I use to make my recipes easy for everyone (Online Conversion).
--My favourite new food blog is What Katie Ate. It doesn't hurt that she's a professional photographer.

recipe links:
--A while ago I was quite taken with the lemon curd recipe that Sunita posted, and then I saw that Nora has a clementine curd as well, made from this recipe. Curd is surprisingly easy to make and I'm sure it will be mouth-puckeringly tasty when made fresh. (Why do North Americans not eat this delicious condiment?)
--Breakfast (or snack-time) quinoa pudding with strawberries and pistachios (from Sarah Wilson).
--I still intend (hope) to make muhammara, a Lebanese dip (from the Daily Spud).

off-topic links:
--The Hong Kong observatory, where I check to make sure there's no typhoon today.
--An amazing Hong Kong charity: Crossroads Foundation.

2 comments:

Nora said...

Oooh, you should definitely make that clementine curd - it's lovely! And muhammara is lovely too.
And thanks for the link to that conversion site. Very handy!

Sarah said...

Hi Nora, after being inspired by your weekly round-ups of deliciousness, I thought I might try a links post of my own. Thanks for the inspiration, for the curd, too! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and reading. I look forward to your comment and please feel free to ask questions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails