Saturday, June 30, 2018

Grain-Free Mug Bread


Since going grain-free and moderately low carb several years ago, I haven't eaten much bread. But sometimes I just really want to eat my eggs with toast. I found this grain-free mug bread works for me - and it's just a single serving, which works because my husband is not grain-free. When I make one mug bread, I slice in in half like an English muffin, as in this picture. I have made it for savoury and sweet uses.


Read on for the recipe.

Grain-Free Mug Bread
serves 1

1 T butter
3 T almond flour
1/4 t baking powder
1 egg
(1/4 t vanilla essence, optional)

Put the butter in a large mug or small ramekin. Melt in the microwave (30 seconds).
Use a pastry brush to coat the sides and bottom of the mug with the melted butter.

Put all the rest of the ingredients into the mug and whisk with a fork.

Microwave for 90 seconds.
Slide a knife around the edges of the mug to loosen it and remove the bread. Let it rest for about a minute, then cut in half.

For a firmer bread, heat a small frying pan and fry the slices for 30 seconds per side in a bit of oil or grease.

See more pictures of this using the hashtag #simplycookedmugbread.

Connect with Simply Cooked on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SimplyCooked

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails