Saturday, September 7, 2013

Weekend Links #30

Weekend Links is a way of sharing all the engrossing things I see around the internet. I publish Weekend Links approximately every two weeks. As usual, I welcome your ideas and feedback.

food reading links:
--Liking healthy foods is a choice, argues Zen Habits.
--In defense of posting pictures of your food on social media (from Inside Scoop SF). We do it because it's fun and it's what we actually like.


recipe links:
--I've decided that Sunday should become my roast chicken day. I was inspired by Nourished Kitchen.
--Ginger cilantro slaw sounds like a perfect summer crunchy dish (from Cave Girl Eats).
--When I last made muhammara (a roasted red pepper dip) it included a ground up pita bread. Now that I don't eat (much) wheat, I want to try this version from Paleo Non Paleo.
--An iced coffee frappucino recipe (from Healthy Green Kitchen, pictured above).


--Oh, the glories of a peanut butter and bacon sandwich (from Climbing Grier Mountain).
--And wow, sugar-free banoffee pie (from Inspired Mood).

off-topic links:
--I am a long time reader of the blog Quick Writing Tips. Here's a great tip for using two devices to make your writing more engaging.
--When not reading food blogs, I'm browsing style blogs. Here's a simple post showing how a bit of thought turns a tee and shorts outfit into a stylish look (from The Modern Austen).


What engrossing things have you seen around the internet?

Get more links by following Simply Cooked on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails