Saturday, September 17, 2011

Weekend Links #23

Weekend Links is a way of sharing all the engrossing things I see around the internet. I publish Weekend Links approximately every two weeks. As usual, I welcome your ideas and feedback.

food reading links:
--I would definitely get these glass food storage boxes if I lived near Crate & Barrel. Glass is better for your food (no plastics leaching into your lunch).
--All about quinoa, which I learned is actually a seed and not a grain (from Peru Delights).
--Sarah Wilson has written a book about her journey to quitting sugar, which includes an eight week program to do it yourself. This might be the final push for me, hmm. Trouble is, every time I get close to doing it, I go on a sugar binge.
--I started eating sardines recently. (So far it's been just the canned version.) They are high in omega 3 fatty acids. Here's a list of the omega 3 fishes (from Readers Digest). By the way, sardine recipes will be gratefully received. :)
--An article about cultured meat and the environmental, health, and welfare issues behind meat eating (from Small Bites).

recipe links:
--An ingenious idea to chill wine: use frozen grapes (from The Kitchn). I'm thinking I could also use frozen blueberries or strawberries as ice cubes in cocktails. And Brenda told me about making ice cubes with fruit slivers inside.
--How to make your own pastrami at home from beef brisket (from Michael Ruhlman).
--A simple lentil gratin for a chilly or wet day (from Savvy Eats).

off-topic links:
--The Colour Scheme Designer, a clever website that helps you plan complementary or analogous colour schemes. It's made for web designers but I see how it could improve photos and table setting!


What engrossing things have you seen around the internet?

Or tell me... What is your best blog post these last two weeks?


Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SimplyCooked

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails