Thursday, March 18, 2010

party cheese balls


I was lucky enough to have Craig in the kitchen with me while I was prepping food for our party the other weekend. I was making artichoke squares and he was making cheese balls under my direction. I have to say, he did a stunning job.


Ant's friend Craig comes to visit us fairly regularly. He comes for the snooker with Ant, the freely flowing tea, and the food we eat together. He always pitches in when I'm cooking and he's full of good ideas. For example, he was the one who thought of the fork outline when I was photographing my tiramisu last month. Genius!


I'm so glad I set him to work on these cheese balls. They were delicious! And Craig had the patience to shape them all into small balls and roll them in herbs and spices. Then as soon as we brought them to the table, Ant grabbed one and squished it between two oatcakes. "Oi! I just rolled those into perfect balls!" What a shame. But they sure were tasty.


Party Cheese Balls
adapted from Tis the Season: Vegetarian Christmas Cookbook
makes about 30 balls

3 (8 oz/250 g) packages of cream cheese
2 c grated strong cheese
2 green onions, chopped
1 T fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper
2 t chilli powder
1 t dried oregano
2 T dried parsley

Mix together the cream cheese, grated cheese, green onions, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Cover and chill for 15 minutes.
Roll the mixture into small balls, about a heaped tablespoon each.
Mix the chilli powder, oregano, and parsley in a shallow plate or bowl.
Roll the cheese balls in the herb and spice mixture.
Cover and chill the balls until ready to serve.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

The cheese ball in the crackers looks like a butterfly! Would that make your friend feel better after all of his effort rolling them? I've honestly never thought of mini cheese balls before, I've only seen the massive ones to be dug into communally. But these little versions and so cute, and they really up the spices to cheese ratio.

Colin Cowdrey said...

The multilingual component permits the client to choose the language in a portable application just as the web application with which they know about. food plastic packaging manufacturers

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and reading. I look forward to your comment and please feel free to ask questions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails